| This page does not adhere to the layout guide.
Please help the ABC Wiki by editing this page to be conform the set layout guidelines.
The Partridge Family is an ABC network musical TV sitcom created by Bernard Slade, starring Shirley Jones, David Cassidy, Susan Dey, Danny Bonaduce, Suzanne Crough, Dave Madden & Jeremy Gelbwaks (who would later be replaced in 1971 by Brian Forrester).
The show premiered on September 25, 1970 and lasted until March 23, 1974 after four seasons and 96 episodes.
In order to help promote the show, the Partridge Family released a series of albums from 1970 to 1973. The show is also known for making David Cassidy a teen idol of the 1970s.
The series centered on the adventures of a family band called the Partridge Family as they tour the country performing music.
- Shirley Jones as Shirley Partridge
- David Cassidy as Keith Partridge
- Susan Dey as Laurie Partridge
- Danny Bonaduce as Danny Partridge
- Jeremy Gelbwaks as Chris Partridge #1 (season 1)
- Brian Forster as Chris Partridge #2 (seasons 2–4)
- Suzanne Crough as Tracy Partridge
- Dave Madden as Reuben Kincaid
- Ricky Segall as Ricky Stevens (season 4)
For the series' final season, ABC moved the show from its 8:30 pm Friday night slot (where it rated first in its timeslot) to Saturday at 8:00 pm (opposite CBS' top-rated "All in the Family" with which it could not compete successfully).
Once the show's popularity began to decline in the United States, "The Partridge Family" took off in the United Kingdom and due to their popularity there, they had five U.K. Top 20 Hits (some of which were less popular in the United States).