The Love Boat is an ABC network romantic comedy sitcom developed by W. L. Baumes and executively produced by Aaron Spelling.
The show aired from May 5, 1977 to May 24, 1986, lasting for nine seasons & 249 episodes.
"The Love Boat" revolves around the ship's captain and a handful of its crew, with several passengers (played by different guest actors for each episode) having romantic and humorous adventures.
- Gavin MacLeod as Captain Merrill Stubing
- Bernie Kopell as Dr. Adam Bricker
- Fred Grandy as Yeoman-Purser Burl "Gopher" Smith
- Ted Lange as Bartender Isaac Washington
- Lauren Tewes as Cruise Director Julie McCoy [seasons 1-7]
- Jill Whelan as Vicki Stubing [seasons 3-9]
- Pat Klous as Cruise Director Judy McCoy [seasons 8-9]
- Ted McGinley as Photographer Ashley Covington "Ace" Evans [seasons 8-9]
The Love Boat Mermaids (all from season 9)
- Deborah Bartlett as Susie
- Tori Brenno as Maria
- Macarena Camacho as Sheila
- Nanci Lynn Hammond as Jane
- Teri Hatcher as Amy
- Debra Johnson as Patti
- Andrea Moen as Starlight
- Beth Myatt as Mary Beth
For its first seven years, "The Love Boat" was very successful in the ratings. During that time, it ranked among the top 20, and even the top 10. In the 1980–81 season, it posted its highest rating at #5.
By the beginning of the 1984–85 season, ratings for "The Love Boat" were beginning to drop, and at the end of the following year, the show was canceled after nine years on ABC, although four three-hour specials aired during the 1986–87 season.