|This page does not adhere to the layout guide.
Please help the ABC Wiki by editing this page to be conform the set layout guidelines.
That's My Mama is an ABC network sitcom created by Dan T. Bradley & Allan L. Rice, and developed by Stanley Ralph Ross.
The show aired from September 4, 1974 to December 24, 1975, lasting for two seasons & 39 episodes.
The pilot episode (which starred Teresa Merritt and Godfrey Cambridge) aired under the title "The Furst Family of Washington" a year before the series' debut.
Set in Washington, D.C., the series centered on a bachelor barber who battles his mother's plans to find him a wife.
- Theresa Merritt as Eloise "Mama" Curtis
- Clifton Davis as Clifton Curtis
- Ed Bernard (1974)\Theodore Wilson (1974-75) as Theodore Wilson
- Lynne Moody (1974-75)\Joan Pringle as Tracy Curtis Taylor
- Ted Lange as Junior
- Jester Hairston as Wildcat (1974-75)
- DeForest Covan as Josh (1974-75)
- Lisle Wilson as Leonard Taylor (recurring in season one; promoted to regular cast in season two)
"That's My Mama" was never a ratings success and was not one of the top 30 most-watched U.S. programs in the Nielsen ratings for either the 1974–1975 or 1975–1976 television seasons.
As a result, the series ended on Christmas Eve of 1975.