About the show
Stumptown, based on the graphic novel series of the same name, follows Dex Parios (Cobie Smulders)—a strong, assertive and sharp-witted army veteran with a complicated love life, debt, and a brother needing care in Portland, Organ. Her military intelligence skills make her a great PI, but her unapologetic style puts her in the firing line of hardcore criminals and not quite in alliance with the police.
- Cobie Smulders as Dex Parios
- Jake Johnson as Grey McConnell
- Tantoo Cardinal as Sue Lynn Blackbird
- Cole Sibus as Ansel Parios
- Adrian Martinez as Tookie Alvarez
- Camryn Manheim as Bobby Cosgrove
- Michael Ealy as Miles Hoffman
- Forget It Dex, It's Stumptown.
- Missed Connections
- Rip City Dicks
- Family Ties
- Bad Alibis
- Dex, Drugs and Rock & Roll
- November Surprise
- The Other Woman
- Dex Education
- Reality Checks Don't Bounce
- The Past and the Furious
- Dirty Dexy Money
- The Dex Factor
- Til Dex Do Us Part
- At All Costs: The Conrad Costas Chronicles
- All Quiet on the Dextern Front
- The Dex Files
- All Hands on Dex
Writer Jason Richman produces the series with Ruben Fleischer and David Bernad (The District), Greg Rucka (author of the Stumptown graphic novel series), Matthew Southworth, and Justin Greenwood (illustrators of the Stumptown graphic novel series).
James Griffiths is an executive producer and directed the pilot. The series is produced by ABC Studios. ABC Studios is a part of Disney Television Studios, a collection of studios comprised of 20th Century Fox Television, ABC Studios, and Fox 21 Television Studios.
The show is not a direct adaptation of the story from the comics. At San Diego Comic-Con 2019, Rucka said that "the comic is the comic," while Bernad added that the pilot deviates from the graphic novel, but the series "keeps the spirit of it."
Despite being initially renewed for a second seasons, sources claim that a timing issue related to the production start delay made it impossible for the show to be ready for a fall launch when the network had scheduling needs for the 2020-21 season. As a result, the network made a decision to not move forward with the previously commissioned new season.
- White, Peter (May 21, 2020). ABC Renews 13 Series, Including Freshmen 'Stumptown' & 'Mixed-ish', For 2020-21 Season. Deadline.
- Andreeva, Nellie (September 16, 2020). 'Stumptown' Canceled: ABC Not Proceeding With Season 2; Cobie Smulders Series May Be Shopped Elsewhere. Deadline.
- Ramos, Dino-Ray (July 19, 2019). Stumptown Spotlights Female Veterans And Indigenous Women; Cobie Smulders Addresses Character’s Bisexuality – Comic-Con. Deadline.