Once Upon a Time is an American fairy tale drama series that premiered on Sunday October 23, 2011, on ABC.
The show takes place in the fictional seaside town of Storybrooke, Maine, in which its residents are actually characters from various fairy tales that were transported to the "real world" town and robbed of their real memories by a powerful curse.
The series takes place in the fictional seaside town of Storybrooke, Maine, in which the residents are actually characters from various fairy tales that were transported to the "real world" town and robbed of their real memories by the Evil Queen Regina (Lana Parrilla), using a powerful curse obtained from Rumplestiltskin.
The residents of Storybrooke have lived an unchanging existence for 28 years, unaware of their own lack of aging. The town's only hope lies with a bail bondsperson named Emma Swan (Jennifer Morrison), the daughter of Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin) and Prince Charming (Josh Dallas), who was transported from the fairy tale world before she could be cursed.
As such, she is the only person who can break the curse and restore the characters' lost memories, aided by her son, Henry (Jared S. Gilmore), with whom she has recently reunited (after giving him up for adoption upon his birth), and his book of fairy tales that holds the key to ending the curse. Henry is also the adopted son of Regina (who is the mayor of Storybrooke), providing a source of conflict between the two women.
- Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan
- Lana Parrilla as The Evil Queen\(Mayor Regina Mills)
- Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White\(Mary Margaret Blanchard)
- Josh Dallas as Prince Charming\(David Nolan)
- Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin\(Mr. Gold)
- Jared Gilmore as Henry Mills
- Emilie de Ravin as Belle [season 2 to current]
- Colin O'Donoghue as Captain Hook [season 3 to current]
- Michael Socha as Will Scarlet [season 4 to current]
- Raphael Sbarge as Jiminy Cricket\(Archie Hopper) [seasons 1 through 2]
- Meghan Ory as Red Riding Hood\(Ruby Lucas) [seasons 1 through 2]