On Our Own is an ABC network sitcom series created & executively produced by David W. Duclon.
The series aired from September 13, 1994 to April 14, 1995, lasting for one season & 20 episodes.
Set in the O'Fallon Park neighborhood of St. Louis, Missouri, the series centers on the Jerrico family which consists of seven brothers & sisters (all whose first names start with the letter "J") who lose their parents in a car accident and are being raised by their eldest brother, Josh.
In the first half of the series of "On Our Own," the series centered on Josh posing as an older guardian named Aunt Jelcinda (also known as "Mama J") to fool their caseworker, Alana Michaels in order to keep the family together.
In the second half of the series, the Aunt Jelcinda character ended as Josh was given full custody of his younger siblings and a new character named Scotti Decker, a professional contractor rented a room from the Jerricos in exchange for the work that she was doing in their home.
- Ralph Louis Harris as Josh Jerrico/Aunt Jelcinda ("Mama J")
- Jurnee Smollett as Jordee Jerrico
- Jussie Smollett as Jesse Jerrico
- Jake Smollett as Joc Jerrico
- Jazz Smollett as Jai Jerrico
- Jocqui Smollett as Jarreau Jerrico
- Jojo Smollett as Jimi Jerrico
- Kimberley Kates as Alana Michaels (1994)
- Roger Aaron Brown as Mr. Gordon Ormsby (1994)
- Rae'Ven Larrymore Kelly as Hannah (pilot only)
- T'Keyah Crystal Keymáh as Scotti Decker (1995)
- Karen Kim as Suki (1995)
- Laura Ponce as Nails (1995)
Having aired on Sunday nights at 7:30/6:30c during the first half of the season, "On Our Own" was moved to the 9:30/8:30c time slot following "Step by Step" on TGIF when it returned in March 1995.
However, the changes to the series in the spring didn't help ratings, and after six more episodes, the show was canceled by the network. [[Category:ABC Shows]]