Nanny and the Professor is an ABC network sitcom created by AJ Carothers and Thomas L. Miller.
The show aired from January 21, 1970 to December 27, 1971, lasting for three seasons and 54 episodes.
The series was about a British nanny who works for a widowed college mathematics teacher, caring for his three out-of-control kids.
- Juliet Mills as Nanny Phoebe Figallily
- Richard Long as Professor Harold Everett
- David Doremus as Harold "Hal" Everett, Jr.
- Trent Lehman as Bentley "Butch" Everett
- Kim Richards as Prudence Everett
- Patsy Garrett as Mrs. Fowler (recurring)
- Eileen Baral as Francine Fowler (recurring)
Ratings & Cancellation
"Nanny and the Professor" first aired as a mid-season replacement on January 21, 1970 where it enjoyed initial success due to its Friday night timeslot when it was scheduled between "The Brady Bunch" and "The Partridge Family" (which were shows aimed at similar demographics, largely young children and pre-teens).
The show's ratings suffered in the third season when ABC moved the series to Monday night opposite "Gunsmoke" and "Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In."