|This page does not adhere to the layout guide.
Please help the ABC Wiki by editing this page to be conform the set layout guidelines.
My Wife and Kids is a ABC Network sitcom series created by Don Reo and Damon Wayans when it was produced by Wayans Bros. Entertainment, Impact Zone Productions and Touchstone Television, also distributed by Disney-ABC Domestic Television.
The series was aired on March 28, 2001 and concluded on May 17, 2005, lasting five seasons and 123 episodes.
The series centered on Michael Kyle, the patriarch of a semi-dysfunctional middle class African-American family who rules his household with a unique & distinct parenting style, and teaches his three children (Junior, Claire & Kady) life lessons with his own brand humor.
- Damon Wayans as Michael Kyle, Sr.
- Tisha Campbell-Martin as Janet Marie "Jay" Kyle
- George O. Gore II as Junior Kyle
- Jazz Raycole (season 1)\Jennifer Freeman (seasons 2-5) as Claire Kyle
- Parker McKenna Posey as Kady Kyle
- Noah Gray Cabey as Franklin Aloysius Mumford (seasons 4–5, recurring, season 3)
- Meagan Good (recurring, season 3)\Brooklyn Sudano (seasons 4-5) as Vanessa Scott-Kyle
- Andrew McFarlane as Tony Jeffers (season 2-5)
In October 2000, it was announced Damon Wayans would star in a new family-comedy television series for ABC, while Don Reo will executive produce the series, and David Himelfarb would serve as the show runner.
On October 2000, ABC ordered a full season of 29 episodes. In November 2003, Himelfarb exited the series as showrunner after the first thirteen episodes, due to creative differences. Major Payne alum Dean Lorey replaced Helford as showrunner. On July 2002, more additional episodes were added, bringing the season to a total of 27 episodes.
The series is filmed entirely on Walt Disney Studios, 500 South Buena Vista Street in Burbank, California, USA. The pilot episode was filmed on November 2000. Production on subsequent episodes began taping on January 2001 and concluded on February 2005.
- My Wife and Kids on Fandom