The show airs on Tuesdays at 9:30|8:30c on ABC. The second season of Mixed-ish is set to premiere at January 26, 2021.
About the show
Rainbow Johnson, wife of Andre Johnson, reminisces about her experience growing up in a mixed-race family in the '80s and the constant dilemmas they had to face over whether to assimilate or stay true to themselves.
Het parents, Paul and Alicia, had decided to move the household from the hippie commune to the suburbs in order to better provide for their family. However, this also presented them all with challenges of their own: while the parents struggled to acclimate to their new life, Rainbow and her siblings had to attend a new school where they were perceived as neither black nor white.
Navigating these troubles, the show is all about overcoming life's challenges and finding your own identity, regardless of the label the world tries to put on you.
- Arica Himmel as Rainbow Johnson
- Tracee Ellis Ross as Rainbow Johnson (adult)
- Tika Sumpter as Alicia Johnson
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar as Paul Johnson
- Gary Cole as Harrison Jackson III
- Christina Anthony as Denise
- Mykal-Michelle Harris as Santamonica Johnson
- Ethan William Childress as Johan Johnson
- Becoming Bow
- The Warrior
- Let Your Hair Down
- Love is a Battlefield
- All She Wants to Do is Dance
- Girls Just Want to Have Fun
- Puttin' on the Ritz
- Weird Science
- Papa Don't Preach
- Do They Know It's Christmas?
- When Doves Cry
- It's Tricky
- Pride (In the Name of Love)
- True Colors
- This Charming Man
- She Works Hard for the Money
- Say Hello, Wave Goodbye
- Parents Just Don't Understand
- Doctor! Doctor!
- Bad Boys
- Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now
- Every Little Step
- You Got It All