Gidget is an ABC network sitcom based on the concepts and characters from Frederick Kohner's 1957 novel, "Gidget, the Little Girl with Big Ideas," starring Sally Field in the lead role.
The series aired from September 15, 1965 to April 21, 1966, lasting for one season & 32 episodes.
It was also among the first regularly scheduled color programs to air on ABC.
The series centered on Frances "Gidget" Lawrence, a surfing, boy-crazy teenage girl, who lives with her widowed father, Russell, who works as an English professor at UCLA.
- Sally Field as Frances "Gidget" Lawrence
- Don Porter as Russell Lawrence
- Betty Conner as Anne Cooper
- Pete Duel as John Cooper
- Lynette Winter as Larue Wilson
- Stephen Mines as Jeff "Moondoggie" Matthews
- Michael Nader as Siddo
- Rickie Sorensen as Randy