Gideon's Crossing is an ABC network medical drama series created by Paul Attanasio which aired from October 10, 2000 to April 9, 2001, lasting for one season & 20 episodes. It was loosely based on the experience of real-life physician Jerome Groopman and his book, "The Measure of Our Days."
The series centered on Ben Gideon, the chief of experimental medicine at a prestigious teaching hospital that is often the last hope for critically ill patients.
A skilled healer, Gideon has a somewhat unique bedside manner and he frequently uses rather unorthodox methods to help heal his patients and pass along his passion to the younger generation of physicians.
- Andre Braugher as Dr. Ben Gideon
- Rubén Blades as Dr. Max Cabranes
- Eric Dane as Dr. Wyatt Cooper
- Russell Hornsby as Dr. Aaron Boies
- Ravi Kapoor as Dr. Siddartha Shandor
- Sophie Keller as Dr. Maya Stiles
- Hamish Linklater as Dr. Bruce Cherry
- Rhona Mitra as Dr. Alejandra Klein
- Kevin J. O'Connor as Dr. Michael Pirandello
- Meagan Gregory as Rose Gideon
- Jascha Washington as Eli Gideon
- Brian Wiltshire as Charlie Gideon