The series aired from January 27, 1980 to May 4, 1980, lasting for one season & 10 episodes.
The series centered on the crew members of the Galactica who prepare Earth for battle against the Cylons.
- Lorne Greene as Commander Adama
- Herb Jefferson Jr. as Colonel Boomer
- Kent McCord as Captain Troy
- Barry Van Dyke as Lieutenant Dillon
- Robyn Douglass as Jamie Hamilton
- Jeremy Brett and Richard Lynch as Commander Xavier
- Allan Miller as Colonel Jack Sydell
- Robbie Rist and James Patrick Stuart as Doctor Zee
"Galactica 1980" was poorly received during its run and was cancelled after only ten episodes, many of which were multi-part stories.
The show's final episode shown was "The Return of Starbuck" (which featured a guest appearance by Dirk Benedict from the original series).
Glen A. Larson even began to develop a sequel to this episode, but the series was cancelled during production of episode 11, "The Day They Kidnapped Cleopatra", which remained unfinished.