|This page does not adhere to the layout guide.
Please help the ABC Wiki by editing this page to be conform the set layout guidelines.
The series aired from January 27, 1980 to May 4, 1980, lasting for one season & 10 episodes.
The series centered on the crew members of the Galactica who prepare Earth for battle against the Cylons.
- Lorne Greene as Commander Adama
- Herb Jefferson Jr. as Colonel Boomer
- Kent McCord as Captain Troy
- Barry Van Dyke as Lieutenant Dillon
- Robyn Douglass as Jamie Hamilton
- Jeremy Brett and Richard Lynch as Commander Xavier
- Allan Miller as Colonel Jack Sydell
- Robbie Rist and James Patrick Stuart as Doctor Zee
"Galactica 1980" was poorly received during its run and was cancelled after only ten episodes, many of which were multi-part stories.
The show's final episode shown was "The Return of Starbuck" (which featured a guest appearance by Dirk Benedict from the original series).
Glen A. Larson even began to develop a sequel to this episode, but the series was cancelled during production of episode 11, "The Day They Kidnapped Cleopatra", which remained unfinished.