|This page does not adhere to the layout guide.
Please help the ABC Wiki by editing this page to be conform the set layout guidelines.
Cashmere Mafia is an ABC network drama series created by Kevin Wade, which aired from January 6 to February 20, 2008, lasting for one season & 7 episodes.
It was produced by Sony Pictures Television, Darren Star Productions and Gail Katz Productions.
The show followed the lives of four ambitious women, longtime best friends since their days at business school, as they try to balance their glamorous and demanding careers with their complex personal lives by creating their own "boys' club" (called the Cashmere Mafia) to protect one another and discuss their personal ups and downs as they try to have it all in New York City.
- Lucy Liu as Mia Mason
- Frances O'Connor as Zoe Burden
- Miranda Otto as Juliet Draper
- Bonnie Somerville as Caitlin Dowd
- Peter Hermann as Davis Draper
- Julian Ovenden as Eric Burden
- Noelle Beck as Cilla Grey
- Lourdes Benedicto as Alicia Lawson
- Tom Everett Scott as Jack Cutting
- Peyton List as Sasha Burden
- Nicholas Art as Luke Burden
- Addison Timlin as Emily Draper
- Jack J. Yang as Jason Chun
- Daniel Gerroll as Clive Hughes
On May 11, 2007, "Cashmere Mafia" was officially greenlit and given a thirteen-episode order.
It was initially scheduled to air as a mid-season replacement with plans for a debut on November 27, 2007 on ABC as an off-season replacement for the "Dancing with the Stars" results show.
However, due to the 2007–2008 Writers Guild of America strike, only 7 of the 13 episodes ordered were produced.
ABC also delayed the premiere of "Cashmere Mafie" due to future concerns about programming and promotions.
"Cashmere Mafia" had a special preview on Sunday, January 6, 2008 and then moved to its regular time slot on Wednesday, January 9 at 10:00PM Eastern/9:00PM Central, following "Supernanny" as a mid-season replacement for "Dirty Sexy Money". The show competed indirectly with NBC's Lipstick Jungle.