|This page does not adhere to the layout guide.
Please help the ABC Wiki by editing this page to be conform the set layout guidelines.
Brewster Place is an ABC network drama series and spin-off of the 1989 mini-series "The Women of Brewster Place" which was based on Gloria Naylor's novel of the same name.
The show aired from May 1 to July 11, 1990, lasting for one season & 11 episode (with one episode left unaired).
Set in 1967, the series began with events following the end of the miniseries. After Mattie Michael is fired from her job as a beautician, she and her best friend, Etta Mae purchase a neighborhood restaurant.
- Oprah Winfrey as Mattie Michael
- Rachael Crawford as Melanie "Kiswana" Browne
- Brenda Pressley as Etta Mae Johnson
- Olivia Cole as Miss Sophie
- Kelly Neal as Abshu Kamau
- Jason Weaver as Matthew Thomas
- Episode 1: 15.3 rating/21.9 million viewers
- Episode 2: 13.2 rating
- Episode 3: 9.7 rating
- Episode 4: 10.1
- Episode 5: 9
- Episode 6: 7.6 rating/11.9 million viewers
Entertainment Weekly gave "Brewster Place" a grade of "B−", and reviewed the show mildly favorably, stating, "There's something warm and comforting about Brewster Place, and something complacent and artificial as well."