The show premiered on October 3, 2004 and ended on December 3, 2008 after 5 seasons and 101 episodes.
"Boston Legal" centered on the exploits of Alan Shore (James Spader) at the legal firm of Crane, Poole & Schmidt.
- James Spader as Alan Shore
- William Shatner as Denny Crane
- Candice Bergen as Shirley Schmidt [seasons 2-5]
- Mark Valley as Brad Chase [seasons 1-3]
- Julie Bowen as Denise Bauer [seasons 2-3]
- Rene Auberjonois as Paul Lewiston [seasons 2-3]
- Christian Clemenson as Jerry Espenson [seasons 2-4]
- Craig Bierko as Jeffrey Coho [seasons 3-4]
- Gary Anthony Williams as Clarence [seasons 3-4]
- Monica Potter as Lori Colson [season 1]
- Rhona Mitra as Tara Wilson [season 1]
- Constance Zimmer as Claire Simms [season 3]
- John Larroquette as Carl Sack [season 4]
- Tara Summers as Katie Lloyd [season 4]
During his run on the series, James Spader has won the Primetime Emmy Award for "Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series" in 2005 and 2007.
In 2005, William Shatner won a Primetime Emmy for "Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series" and a Golden Globe Award for "Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television."