Battlestar Galactica is an ABC network science-fiction series created by Glen A. Larson.
The show aired from September 17, 1978 to April 29, 1979, lasting for one season and 24 episodes. It was was remade in the 2000s with a mini-series and a weekly series.
A brief spin-off series, "Galactica 1980" aired in 1980.
After the destruction of the Twelve Colonies of Mankind, the last major fighter carrier leads a makeshift fugitive fleet who are on a desperate search for the legendary planet Earth.
- Richard Hatch as Captain Apollo
- Dirk Benedict as Lieutenant Starbuck
- Lorne Greene as Commander Adama
- John Colicos as Count Baltar
- Maren Jensen as Lieutenant Athena
- Noah Hathaway as Boxey
- Herb Jefferson Jr. as Lieutenant Boomer
- Tony Swartz as Flight Sergeant Jolly
- Laurette Spang as Cassiopeia
- Terry Carter as Colonel Tigh
- Anne Lockhart as Lieutenant Sheba