Automan was an ABC network science fiction\superhero series created and produced by Glen A. Larson.
The show aired from December 15, 1983 to April 2, 1984, lasting for one season & 12 episodes.
It was produced by 20th Century Fox Television, The Kushner-Locke Company and Glen A. Larson Productions.
The series centered on the adventures of Walter Nebicher, a police officer and computer programmer, who has created an artificially intelligent crime fighting program called Automan, which generated as a hologram, who was able to leave the computer world at night & fight crime.
In the real world, Automan posed as a government agent named Otto J. Mann; his identity was a secret to everyone except for Walter's close assocaite, Roxanne Caldwell.
- Desi Arnaz, Jr. as Walter Nebicher
- Chuck Wagner as Automan / Otto J. Mann
- Robert Lansing as Lieutenant Jack Curtis
- Gerald S. O'Loughlin as Police Captain E. G. Boyd
- Heather McNair as Roxanne Caldwell