Automan is an ABC network science fiction\superhero series created and produced by Glen A. Larson, and starring Desi Arnaz.
The show aired from December 15, 1983 to April 2, 1984, lasting for one season & 12 episodes.
It was produced by 20th Century Fox Television, The Kushner-Locke Company and Glen A. Larson Productions.
The series centered on the adventures of Walter Nebicher, a police officer and computer programmer, who has created an artificially intelligent crime fighting program called Automan, which generated as a hologram, who was able to leave the computer world at night & fight crime.
In the real world, Automan posed as a government agent named Otto J. Mann; his identity was a secret to everyone except for Walter's close associate, Roxanne Caldwell.
- Desi Arnaz, Jr. as Walter Nebicher
- Chuck Wagner as Automan / Otto J. Mann
- Robert Lansing as Lieutenant Jack Curtis
- Gerald S. O'Loughlin as Police Captain E. G. Boyd
- Heather McNair as Roxanne Caldwell