Apple Pie is an ABC network sitcom series created by Norman Lear and directed by Peter Bonerz, which aired from September 23 to September 30, 1978 with two episodes aired.
It was produced by T.A.T. Communications Company.
The series centered on Ginger-Nell Hollyhock, a single and lonely hairdresser who lives in Kansas City, Missouri during the Great Depression year of 1933.
When Ginger-Nell places classified ads in the local newspapers, she recruits a group of wacky relatives: con-man husband, Fast Eddie Murtaugh; tap-dancing daughter, Anna Marie Hollyhock; Junior Hollyock, a son who wanted to fly like a bird and a tottering old blind grandfather, Grandpa Hollyhock.
- Rue McClanahan as Ginger-Nell Hollyhock
- Dabney Coleman as Fast Eddie Murtaugh
- Jack Gilford as Grandpa Hollyhock
- Caitlin O'Heaney as Anna Marie Hollyhock
- Derrel Maury as Junior Hollyhock