Apple Pie was an ABC Kids sitcom series created by Norman Lear and directed by Peter Bonerz, which aired from September 23 to September 30, 1978. The show was not well received and was canceled after two episodes, though eight had been filmed
About the show
The series centered on Ginger-Nell Hollyhock, a single and lonely hairdresser who lives in Kansas City, Missouri during the Great Depression year of 1933.
When Ginger-Nell places classified ads in the local newspapers, she recruits a group of wacky relatives: con-man husband, Fast Eddie Murtaugh; tap-dancing daughter, Anna Marie Hollyhock; Junior Hollyock, a son who wanted to fly like a bird and a tottering old blind grandfather, Grandpa Hollyhock.
- Rue McClanahan as Ginger-Nell Hollyhock
- Dabney Coleman as Fast Eddie Murtaugh
- Jack Gilford as Grandpa Hollyhock
- Caitlin O'Heaney as Anna Marie Hollyhock
- Derrel Maury as Junior Hollyhock
- "Fast Eddie Slows Down"
- "Ginger-Nell Goes Hollywood"
- "Rich Man, Poor Girl"
- "The Tornado"
- "Ginger-Nell Loses Her Touch"
- "A Man from Ginger-Nell's Past"
- "They Walk Among us"